Claims Can Occur When You Least Expect Them
It can happen to you. Protect yourself from unforeseen unemployment claims and the budget instability that comes with them.
- 30 teacher strikes converted to a lockout by court action resulting in a $120,000 claim
- Lack of funding and enrollment closes tech school doors, causing a $75,000 claim
- Support staff collects UC benefits while teachers on strike, causing a $345,000 claim
- 12 teachers furloughed creating an $87,000 unemployment claim
These actual cases just reinforce that fact. You need an experienced plan to protect your school board, school entity and you.
- School pays only the claims incurred up to the designated maximum premium, with a benefit of three times the maximum premium or $1 million, whichever is lesser
- BUCS assures participants of maximum amount to budget each year
- Consult with entity as needed, including on site visits by Insurance Trust/Interstate Tax Service, Inc.
- Make recommendations regarding which cases to appeal
- File appeals on behalf of entity for all questionable cases – BUCS does the work
- Representation provided at all hearings at no cost to entity
- BUCS handles the bulk of the paperwork, Bureau mails documents directly to BUCS administrator (Interstate Tax Service, Inc.)
- Legal representation provided to Commonwealth Court at no cost to entity
- Interstate Tax Service, Inc. analyzes and audits all claims for accuracy
- Overpayments are protested and appropriate credits obtained by the program
- Provides seminars, newsletters and reports of changes in laws affecting unemployment compensation
For more information on our Better Unemployment Compensation System please contact us.