Protecting Your School and Employees
Claims can happen when you least expect them. Protect yourself from unanticipated unemployment claims and the budget instability that comes with them.
Actual claims include:
- 30 teacher strikes converted to a lockout by court action resulting in a $120,000 claim
- Lack of funding and enrollment closes tech school doors, causing a $75,000 claim
- Support staff collects unemployment benefits while teachers on strike, causing a $180,000 claim
- 12 teachers furloughed creating an $87,000 unemployment claim
The above cases reinforce this fact – You need an experienced plan to protect your school board, school entity and you.
- Peace of Mind: Think of BUCS like fire insurance – you hope you don’t need it, but it’s there if/when you do.
- Budget Stability: Claims are subject to an annual stop-loss point to protect your school entity’s budget.
- Claims Management: BUCS handles the paperwork for you, easing the burden of difficult claims. Interstate Tax Service, Inc analyzes all claims for accuracy on your behalf.
- Appeals: Your school entity will be provided with consultations and advice on when to appeal a claim.
- Hearings: BUCS coverage provides you with experienced representation at hearings.
- Added Value: Free seminars, newsletters and reports to make sure you have the most current information regarding changes in unemployment compensation laws.
For more information on our Better Unemployment Compensation System please contact us.