Protecting Your Family
You work hard every day at your job, at play and at home with your family. However, accidents can happen unexpectedly. Having adequate insurance coverage provides the protection you need to ensure that your family, your home and your finances will be protected.
As a “thank you” for your service, all member school directors are automatically covered with a complimentary $150,000 death benefit while traveling to and from board sponsored meetings. Additionally, members serving on Vocational-Technical or Intermediate Unit boards are covered. School directors have the option to purchase an upgrade to 24-hour coverage as well as insuring their spouse and children.
Administrative employees and school directors are provided coverage that protects against accidents occurring while on school premises and while traveling on school related business. Coverage can be expanded to a full 24 hours, anywhere in the world, on or off the job, on business or on vacation.
Prudential provides you with:
- Monthly Rehabilitation Expense – When a doctor determines that rehabilitation is medically necessary to aid the insured in returning to normal activities.
- Felonious Assault – Covers loss due to a physical attack by another person resulting in bodily harm.
- Coma – When an insured person is deemed comatose within 30 days of the date of the accident that caused the injury.
- Survivors of severe accidents – Pays benefits for paralysis, dismemberment, loss of eyesight, speech or hearing.
- Return of Remains – When an insured suffers a loss of life outside a 100-mile radius of their home.
- Pays regardless of any other insurance you may have.
Open Enrollment materials will be sent to all districts as well as additional information outlining specific coverage, insurance amounts, limitations and exclusions for both the administrative and school directors in October. To continue to offer this outstanding benefit to our members, we must follow a few administrative guidelines as we go forward:
- The district is covered for as many people that enrolled for the new term.
- Changes can be made to replace people, but the number of those insured must remain the same.
- Open enrollment for the next policy term will be in the Fall.
Please contact Kelsey Eshleman, PSBA Insurance Trust marketing coordinator (717-506-2450 x-3310) with questions about this program.
To file a claim
Please call the PSBA Insurance Trust at (800) 932-0588, ext. 3394. For more information regarding Travel Accident insurance for school board members, please contact us.