Protecting Your Family – Securing Your Future
You are physically healthy, you work, you play, you take care of your family and are enjoying life. But, if something were to happen to you, all your hard work – and everything you have – could be lost unless you have taken steps to protect yourself and your family. Having adequate insurance coverage provides the protection you need to ensure that your family, your home and your finances will be protected.
The Travel Accident programs for Board Members and for Administrators are available to all elected or appointed School Board Members and School District Administrative Employees through the Prudential Insurance Company.
Because PSBA is concerned with the welfare of its School Board Members and their families, it arranges annually to cover each member for accidental death or injury while traveling to, attending and returning from a Board sponsored meeting. This valuable insurance program provides a $150,000 death benefit and comes without cost to the Board Member. Board Members who also serve on area Vocational-Technical or Intermediate Unit Boards are covered through their local Board. Board Members have the option to purchase, at their own expense, the upgrade to 24-hour coverage as well as insuring their spouse and children.
Administrative and school board members are provided coverage that protects against accidents occurring while on school premises and while traveling on school related business. Coverage can be expanded to a full 24 hours, anywhere in the world, on or off the job, on business or on vacation.
- Monthly Rehabilitation Expense – When a doctor determines that rehabilitation is medically necessary to aid an insured in returning to normal activities of a like person.
- Felonious Assault – When insured suffers a covered loss due to a physical attached by another person resulting in bodily harm.
- Coma – When an insured person is deemed comatose within 30 days of the date of the accident that caused the injury.
- Survivors of severe accidents – Pays benefits for paralysis, dismemberment, loss of eyesight, speech or hearing.
- Return of Remains – When an insured suffers a loss of life outside a 100 mile radius of their home.
- Pays regardless of any other insurance you may have.
Open Enrollment materials will be sent to all districts as well as additional information outlining specific coverage, insurance amounts, limitations and exclusions for both the Administrative and School Board Members in October. To continue to offer this outstanding benefit to our members, we must follow a few administrative guidelines as we go forward:
- The district is covered for as many people that enrolled for the new term.
- Changes can be made to replace people, but the number of insureds must remain the same.
- Open enrollment for the next policy term will be in the Fall.
Please contact Laura Huggins, Insurance Trust chief marketing officer (717-506-2450 x-3394) with questions about this program.
To file a claim
Please call the PSBA Insurance Trust at (800) 932-0588, ext. 3394. For more information regarding Travel Accident insurance for school board members, please contact us.