Protecting Your Family
You work hard every day at your job, at play and at home with your family. However, accidents can happen unexpectedly. Having adequate insurance coverage provides the protection you need to ensure that your family, your home and your finances will be protected.
As a “thank you” for your service, all member School Directors are automatically covered with a complimentary $150,000 death benefit while traveling to and from board sponsored meetings. Additionally, members serving on Vocational-Technical or Intermediate Unit boards are covered. School Directors have the option to purchase an upgrade to 24-hour coverage as well as insuring their spouse and children.
Administrators are offered coverage that protects against accidents occurring while on school premises and while traveling on school-related business. Coverage can be expanded to a full 24 hours, anywhere in the world, on or off the job, on business or on vacation.
Prudential provides you with:
- Monthly Rehabilitation Expense – When a doctor determines that rehabilitation is medically necessary to aid the insured in returning to normal activities.
- Felonious Assault – Covers loss due to a physical attack by another person resulting in bodily harm.
- Coma – When an insured person is deemed comatose within 30 days of the date of the accident that caused the injury.
- Survivors of severe accidents – Pays benefits for paralysis, dismemberment, loss of eyesight, speech or hearing.
- Return of Remains – When an insured suffers a loss of life outside a 100-mile radius of their home.
- Pays regardless of any other insurance you may have.
Open Enrollment materials will be sent to all districts as well as additional information outlining specific coverage, insurance amounts, limitations and exclusions for both Administrators and School Directors each year.
Please contact Kelsey Carbaugh, Director of Insurance Services with questions about this program.
New for 2020!
Forms and Information for Administrators
- Administrator Business Travel Accident Brochure 2020
- Business Manager Instructions Memo
- Administrator Business Travel Accident Enrollment Form 2020
- Administrator Business Travel Accident Insurance Beneficiary Form 2020
Forms and Information for School Directors
- School Directors Business Travel Accident Brochure 2020
- Board Secretary Instructions Memo
- School Director Instructions Memo
- School Directors Travel Accident Insurance Enrollment Form 2020
- School Directors Business Travel Accident Insurance Beneficiary Form 2020
FAQs and important info for 2020 program:
- All checks should be made out to PSBA Insurance Trust and mailed with enrollment forms to 400 Bent Creek Blvd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050.
- New beneficiary forms should be filled out by all enrollees due to change in partners for the program. These forms should be kept on file in your district office and not submitted to PSBA Insurance Trust.
- The due date for enrollment is January 15, 2020. Coverage begins January 1, 2020, and we will backdate coverage with the understanding that enrollment information was put out later than originally expected.
- Your School Directors are not required to provide their social security numbers if they are uncomfortable doing so. We would only need this in the case of a claim.